In this article, we will go through the steps in creating a Google API Client ID and Client Secret Code.
Things to note;
- Your project that you will be creating is not bound to your google account. You can still access your Google Drive data using a different account as long as permissions have been set up for it.
- This documentation is for those who have purchased a GSuite Account directly from Google. We do not support users who have paid for Google Shares on Ebay or similar.
- Open the Google APIs Console and log into your Google Account.
2. Then click on “Select Project” along the top
3. Then click on the “New Project” – Note: It is better to create a separate project for each connection that you have.
4. Then fill in your Project Details and click on “Create”
5. Now go back and select your newly created project
6. Now click on the Google API logo and click on the “API Library” link
7. Search for the Google Drive API
8. Now click on “Enable” to enable the API
9. Once enabled, we’ll need to create some credentials. Click on the “Create Credentials” option.
10. Then on the next page, click on the Cancel button
11. Then click on the OAuth Consent Screen in the side menu on the left hand side.
12. Then fill in your Application Name. In our example, we’ve just called RClone Setup
13. Then scroll down to the bottom and click on Save
14. Now click on the Create Credentials drop down option and choose “OAuth Client ID”
15. Now for the Application type, choose Other and give it a name
16. Then click on the Create option. You will then be presented with your Client ID and Client Secret
IMPORTANT: It is imperative that you keep a copy of these details somewhere safe. We recommend keeping a text file on your Google Drive as a backup in case you ever loose these details. You should keep multiple copies of these details in case they get lost.