You will find that there will Plex updates periodically and therefore you want to update your Plex software. QuickBox makes it really simple and easy to update Plex. Just follow the instructions below.
- SSH into your Server
- Type in the commands;
sudo su -
3. Then type in the command
Or if you are using QuickBox version 1.3.0 and above;
qp update plex
4. You will then be asked for your Plex Email Address and Password. These details are NOT shared outside of the Plex update system.
5. Wait until Plex has been updated and you’ll be on the latest version.
To check you have successfully updated Plex;
- Log into the Plex Web App (https://app.plex.tv/desktop)
- Click on Settings in the top right hand corner
- In the side bar on the left hand side, click on General under Settings
- It will tell you your version number on that page and whether you are using the most up-to-date version.