In this article, we will go through the steps to reclaim a Plex Server if it has been accidentally lost, removed, or deleted.
- SSH into your Server
- Then run the following command
sudo su -
3. From here, you will need to stop the Plex service. You can do this by running the following command
service plexmediaserver stop
4. Once the service has stopped, then run the following commands
cd "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server" ; mv Preferences.xml Preferences.xml.orig
5. Now you’ll need to start the Plex Service by running the following command
service plexmediaserver start
6. Now you can Reclaim your Plex Server. For more information on claiming your Plex Server, please take a look here.
You will want to go review all your other preferences to be certain all is as it was. Most is in the database, however some may have been in the original Preferences.xml
If you had any previously shared libraries, you will have to share them again.