After you’ve installed Plex Media Server, you’ll have to “claim” the server in order to view all your media.
- First, you’ll want to connect to your server using X2GO. After you load your local X2GO client, click on your server to connect.
2. This will take you to your X2GO Desktop. If it is your first time using X2GO you’ll notice a popup asking which setup you’d like to use.
3. Select on Use default config.
4. Your desktop will now be populated with a default layout. From here select the Web Browser from the bottom application tray.
5. In the browser that opens, you’ll want to place localhost:32400/web/index.html in the navigation bar and hit enter
6. This will take you to a login screen, simply login with your Plex Account here.
7. After you’ve logged in you will be redirected to a brief explanation on how Plex works. To proceed select GOT IT!
8. This will redirect you to the Server Setup Wizard. First you’ll want to put in a name for your server. This is how it will appear on the Plex Application. Make sure Allow me to access my media from outside my home is ticked and select Next.
9. After selecting Next you’ll be directed to a page where you can set up where Plex looks for media. Select Add Library to start.
10. Now you’ll want to add your libraries. If you want Plex to be able to play Movies, select Movies then click Next.
11. The second step of adding Movies to Plex involves selecting which folder the media is in. First click on Browse For Media Folder.
12. This will launch a popup in which you’ll select where your media lives. You can either enter the path yourself or browse to it via the file browser. Once you’ve added the folder, click on add.
13. Now you’ll want to select Add Library. Repeat these steps for all types of media you’d like Plex to be able to see. Once you’ve finished, click on Next.
14. Now all you have to do is click on Done and you’ll be able to see and play your media content from the Plex Applications!