This version been released on Friday, May 29, 2020.
v2.3.0 is now out! To avoid any errors on the update, and since this is a complete overhaul of nearly everything, please run the following first:
cd /tmp git clone --quiet --branch "master" https://lab.quickbox.io/QuickBox/Pro.git >/dev/null chmod -R +x Pro/ \cp -rf Pro/bin/qbUpdate /etc/QuickBox/system/updater/qbUpdate sleep 3 /tmp/Pro/bin/qbUpdate
Should you had already ran the update, run an additional
qb fix version and this should sort out any underlying issues.
This version is considered a major release. After many long days and nights and an incredible amount of testing, we are finally on the threshold of delivering our largest update to date!
This update brings in a completely new design as well as some enhancements (of course) and loads of fixes that have been posted from various application developers. This is why we’re making the bump from v2.1.8 to v2.3.0!
We do apologize for the delay on this release, however, with the current status of the world and presenting application developers time to spend on their own developments, it has been a fairly large undertaking in both keeping up and getting our own platform updated. Additional to this, we have been doing the most extensive testing performed yet! We do this to ensure that you get the very best from us and an easy update without any lingering issues… in short… we’re making 100% sure that everything is just right!
Now let’s review!
- Newer technologies are used such as Bootstrap 4 and an updated jQuery. Snappy and cleaner
- New app to user binding – say goodbye to the old app lock system that was in place (this is a core update and trust me when I say it’s massive and was a massive undertaking)
- PHP is now running as php7.4 (upgraded from php7.3) – Again, a decent performance boost on the dashboard response times.
- None of those application status panels and now implementing an easier table. This provides a cleaner and easier to read/manage interface for the apps installed. In a future release will also have the ability to swap between a card style view and the list style view as seen on the tables with this new release.
- We have reduced ajax calls, meaning… even more of a performance increase!
- App queue processing! That’s right, no more hard exit and having to run
qb fix dpkgto remove stubborn application install locks. We are now using an application queue process, so if you are installing an app, close the window and continue with installing another app you will be greeted with a “hold” message that will remove once the previous application process completes and installation of the next app will begin. This does set the framework for multi-app installs in a future release!
- System response feedback on application removal. Gone are the days of installing an application and waiting for a page reload. We have now introduced the feature to review the uninstall process. Takes out the guesswork and provides more relevant feedback. Ah, it’s the small things.
Take a look at some quick screenshots of what to expect!
For more changes, please review the changelog below. There may even be more added before the release (due on Wednesday, but could be tomorrow from the time of this posting) so be sure to keep an eye out. Once this release goes into the wild we’ll be back on track and of course we have a load of exciting features and updates that we’ll start pulling in!