IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT USERNAMES* DO NOT use a username that begins or ends with a numeric character or contains uppercase letters. This can cause issues with permissions as well as odd quirks within Linux that are undesirable. This is not a QuickBox limitation, rather this is a limitation with Linux and/or various applications. We have to make them happy in various ways, so best practice is to keep things simple.
* DO NOT use usernames such as none, admin, root as these are system reserved and could cause breakage on certain functionality in QuickBox Pro. none in particular will fail with applications such as rtorrent that utilize screen as none is a pre-set variable.
- Log into your Dashboard
- Under Admin Links, click on QuickBox System Dashboard
3. On the right hand side, click on the User Management icon.
4. Then click on User Admin
5. Then click on User Actions
6. Then click on Create User
7. Then fill in the user details
8. Once filled in, click on Create User.
9. The page will refresh and you should see confirmation of the new user created.
You can also create a user using the Command Line interface. For more information, please see our guide here.