Command Line Interface
Despite having an easy to use dashboard, some users prefer using terminal to execute certain commands! We’ve compiled a list of all QuickBox commands to make life a little bit easier.
Now you are able to hit the tab key on your keyboard to “auto complete”. Simply start typing a command and hit tab you’ll be presented with a list of valid
qb commands, if there is only a single possible command following your input, tab will complete your current input to that
It is important that you elevate your permissions first of all. In order for these commands to work on QuickBox Pro, you must do
sudo su - followed by hitting enter on your keyboard first, then type in your command.
These commands are NOT for the community version of QuickBox.
qb api [API Key]
- This command will activate a valid Pro Subscription on your server.
If no API Key is specified you’ll be prompted to enter one.
qb fix dpkg
- This command will attempt to resolve any dpkg locks.
These issues are normally caused by interrupting apt upgrades, lacking certain dependencies, or simply from the time on your server being incorrect. Running this command will additionally clear up any previously interrupted or stalled software installation attempts (ex: [Software Name] process is currently running)
qb fix encode
- This command will attempt to fix issues with the ionCube installation.
These issues happen when the updater is interrupted or server updates do not complete successfully.
qb fix php
- This command will attempt to fix issues with the PHP installation.
These issues happen when the updates are applied incorrectly or the updater is interrupted.
qb fix python
- This command will attempt to recompile the Python installation to v3.8.2 on supported Distro.
Recompiling may be needed when certain dependencies are required/updated and python3.8 needs to be rebuilt.
- Supported Distro for recompiling python 3.8.2 are Xenial, Bionic, Stretch.
- Buster & Focal have versions high enough as a default and are supported by various software.
qb fix siteroot [domain.com |OR| ipaddress]
- This command will attempt to fix issues relating to accessing your dashboard via URL.
These issues happen when entering a URL incorrectly for your siteroot.
qb fix version
- This command will attempt to fix issues when upgrading to a new version of QuickBox.
These issues happen when the updater is interrupted or the server runs out of space.
qb fix website
- This command will attempt to fix issues accessing your dashboard in general.
These issues happen when the updater is interrupted or permissions are changed.
qb support enable
- This command will enable the support account for QuickBox Pro Support Staff to connect.
qb support disable
- This command will disable the support account.
The support account will automatically be de-activated after a set amount of time if this isn’t run.
qb help commands
- This command will show this exact output. It gives a brief example and explanation about each command.
qb help commands software
- This command will show a list of current software available through QuickBox.
qb install [SOFTWARE] [USERNAME | OPTION] [OPTION 2]
- This will install the software specified.
qb remove [SOFTWARE] [USERNAME]
- This will remove the software specified.
qb update [SOFTWARE] [USERNAME]
- Use qb update tab to get a list of updatable software as well as any options (ie; versions such as with Sonarr)
qb tracker enable public
- This command will allow the ability to connect to public trackers.
qb tracker disable public
- This command will block the ability to connect to public trackers.
qb user set [USERNAME] [SIZE]
- This command will set a quota limit for the specified user.
qb user show [USERNAME]
- This command will show the quota limit for the specified user.
qb user create [USERNAME] ['PASSWORD'] [SIZE(if quota)]
- This command will create the specified QuickBox user.
qb user delete [USERNAME]
- This command will delete the specified QuickBox user.
qb user ban [USERNAME]
- This command will ban the specified QuickBox user.
qb user unban [USERNAME]
- This command will unban the specified QuickBox user.
qb user admin [USERNAME]
- This command will promote the specifed user to superadmin.
- The current superadmin will be demoted.
- The previous QuickBox superadmin will lose sudo permissions.
qb user password [USERNAME] [PASSWORD]
- This command will update the specified QuickBox user’s password.
If no password is supplied you’ll be prompted to enter one.
qb update check
- This command check to see if a QuickBox update is available.
If you have automatic updates enabled, it will update your server as well.
qb update install
- This command will update QuickBox Pro if a new version is available.
qb update auto enable
- This command will enable automatic updates for QuickBox.
qb update auto disable
- This command will disable automatic updates for QuickBox.