RClone is a command line tool that allows you to sync files from your local disk, to a cloud storage device. RClone is most popular with Google Drive but it can be used for other cloud providers.
RClone is based off another tool called RSync but with RClone you get so much more functionality built in. For example;
- MD5/SHA1 hashes checked at all times for file integrity
- Timestamps preserved on files
- Partial syncs supported on a whole file basis
- Copy mode to just copy new/changed files
- Sync (one way) mode to make a directory identical
- Check mode to check for file hash equality
- Can sync to and from network, e.g. two different cloud accounts
- Encryption backend
- Cache backend
- Union backend
- Optional FUSE mount (rclone mount)
- Multi-threaded downloads to local disk
- Can serve local or remote files over HTTP/WebDav/FTP/SFTP/dlna
Here at QuickBox we have many users who use RClone to expand their storage capabilities when using Plex or Emby. RClone is the tool that allows you to do this and utilise the cloud as well as your local storage.
Want to expand your storage? Why not consider getting our RClone installation service and we at QuickBox can get everything set up.