In this article, we will go through the steps in creating a Google API Client ID and Client Secret Code.
Things to note;
- Your project that you will be creating is not bound to your google account. You can still access your Google Drive data using a different account as long as permissions have been set up for it.
- This documentation is for those who have purchased a GSuite Account directly from Google. We do not support users who have paid for Google Shares on Ebay or similar.
2. Then click on “Select Project” along the top
3. Then click on the “New Project” – Note: It is better to create a separate project for each connection that you have.
4. Then fill in your Project Details and click on “Create”
5. Now go back and select your newly created project
6. Now click on the Google API logo and click on the “API Library” link
7. Search for the Google Drive API
8. Now click on “Enable” to enable the API
9. Once enabled, we’ll need to create some credentials. Click on the “Create Credentials” option.
10. Then on the next page, click on the Cancel button
11. Then click on the OAuth Consent Screen in the side menu on the left hand side.
12. Then fill in your Application Name. In our example, we’ve just called RClone Setup. In addition, ensure you choose the External option.
13. Then scroll down to the bottom and enter your gdrive email and click on Save and Continue
You can skip through the next couple of sections – Scopes and Test Users – just hitting next until your are presented with the Summary. Scroll to the bottom and select “Back to Dashboard”.
14. Now head back to Credentials and click Create Credentials drop down option and choose “OAuth Client ID”
15. Now for the Application type, choose Desktop app and give it a name
16. Then click on the Create option. You will then be presented with your Client ID and Client Secret
17. Once you have created your credentials, head back to OAuth Consent Screen and click the Publish App button.