We aim to provide support to as many customers as possible. However, we are human and unfortunately as the robots haven’t taken over yet, we cannot support you on every issue you may have. So we have to provide a limited amount of Technical Support.
Please consider this article as our Technical Support guide for QuickBox.
Please note: Support Staff members reserve the right to refuse support to anyone who is deemed to be abusing, harassing or demeaning any member of staff.
How to Contact Support
We have many different ways in which you can contact our support teams. The easiest way to contact us is through our ticket system. However, you may also find it easiest to contact us via Discord. See all of our options below.
On our website, you can use the Ticketing System for issues with regards to;
- dpkg errors
- API Key Assistance/Help (!api help in Discord Channel)
- Understanding Installation Issues of approved applications and the QuickBox platform
- Help purchasing of products or services through the QuickBox platform
- Permission based issues (like Plex not able to read media files)
- Plus more.
However, we will not be able to assist with;
- non supported OS such as ubunutu 14 or centos. Must Be Debian 9 and 10/Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04
- Customization of dashboard and/or directory structures
- Custom installs of any third-party scripts
- Custom mount array setups (ex: 2XSSD 3HDD)
- Installation of RClone and/or PlexDrive (for RClone install help, please see the RClone Automation Guru service)
- Modification of applications included in the QuickBox install packages
- VPN modification and setup (though we’ll gladly point you in the right direction)
- Mobile Applications
Opening A Ticket
To open a ticket on the site, navigate to the order you are requesting support for. You can find your orders here.
- You will see a button labeled Get Help, click to open a new ticket.
- Now enter the subject of your ticket and describe your issue as clearly as possible and any steps to possibly reproduce.
- Screenshots also help us identify your issue and provide you with a quick resolution.
- Hit submit once finished and a friendly staff member of QuickBox.IO will get back to you as soon as possible.
Join us using our Discord channel and get support not only from the community, but SideKick support as well! It’s quick, easy and free!
Don’t forget about our Knowledge Base. We have hundreds of articles covering everything! We even have articles for some of the applications we support too.
Please note that all of our support channels is done in English. Whilst we do have some other language speaking staff who work through Support Tickets, we cannot cater to everyone. If you wish to have support in your native language, please state so in English, however, we may not be able to cater to you.
Be aware of EOL versions!
Please be aware of our End of Life cycle. We only support certain versions of Quickbox Pro so make sure you’re up-to-date with your software. Learn more about unsupported versions below.
Customising QuickBox & Using Applications outside of QuickBox
We love that our customers want to customise the software and make it more suitable for their needs. It’s fantastic that people like tinkering with the servers and making them better, faster, and more awesome.
When it comes to supporting customers who have made modifications to the installer, any 3rd party applications installed outside of QuickBox, or modifications to Linux/OS, we will not be able to support you if something goes wrong and it breaks your server or installation.
This also applies to any 3rd party software being installed outside of QuickBox. We will not be able to support you if you have any questions, or it breaks your server or installation.
Customise your server & install 3rd Party applications at your own risk.