About this article
This article covers connecting Prowlarr to Sonarr within the QuickBox environment. This article assumes you have already installed Prowlarr. If you are unsure about what Prowlarr is, or if you are not sure it fits your needs, please refer to the Prowlarr Quick Reference article for links and more about what Prowlarr aims to achieve.
- Launch Prowlarr from your Dashboard by clicking on the link icon or via the App Menu on your main navigation.
- Once in Prowlarr, navigate to Settings > Apps
- Hit the big + button to create a new Application connection.
- Now select the Sonarr option.
- Name will default as Sonarr, so it’s best to keep it relevant and as it is.
- Sync Level is user’s choice and you have 2 options (again, this is purely preference, but for the purposes of this guide we’ll keep the default of Add and Remove Only):
- Add and Remove Only – When it is added or removed from Prowlarr, it will update Sonarr as well.
- Full Sync – Will keep Sonarr fully in sync. This means that changes made within Sonarr will be overridden by Prowlarr on the next sync. This is due to utilizing Prowlarr to handle various tasks, rather than Sonarr.
- In the Prowlarr Server field enter in
- In the Sonarr Server field enter in
- ApiKey will be the key for Sonarr as listed in either Sonarr (Settings > General) or viewed on your QuickBox Dashboard.
- Test the connection and if all is well and the test returns as successful, you’re all set! Hit Save button to save.. you’re done!