About this article
This article covers the installation of CouchPotato within the QuickBox environment. If you are unsure about what CouchPotato is, or if you are not sure it fits your needs, please refer to the CouchPotato Quick Reference article for links and more about what CouchPotato aims to achieve.
Install CouchPotato from the Dashboard
- Login to your Dashboard at
- Navigate to your Apps Dashboard and click on the Application Management tab.
- Click on the Install button for CouchPotato.
- You’re done! Once the install completes the page will reload with the relevant entries on your Dashboard.
Install CouchPotato from CLI
- Login to your server via ssh.
- Once logged into your server type
sudo su -or
sudo -ifollowed by hitting enter on your keyboard. This properly elevates your bash environment for running
- Once your bash is elevated you can now type
qb install couchpotato USERNAME(where USERNAME is your actual username within your QuickBox install).
- You’re done! On completion the relevant information for ports and access link will be posted.
After installing CouchPotato
It is advised as best practice to set up the built-in Authentication within any applications that offer them. As a courtesy, the QuickBox install will stage standard browser based authentication until this is done, once an applications provided Authentication is setup the provided browser authentication by QuickBox can be easily disabled.
Set up Authentication
Once you have CouchPotato installed you will want to login and set up the provided Authentication for added security.
On first access to CouchPotato you will be greeted by the CouchPotato setup Wizard.
- Enter your desired username and password (these details do not have to be the same as your QuickBox credentials, however, best practice is to at least make the password different)
- Leave the Port field as is since this is set by QuickBox during the installation.
- All other fields and subsequent options listed within are based on your preferences and are optional.
- Click the I’m ready to start the awesomeness! button to apply and save your changes to begin using CouchPotato.