About this article
This article covers setting up an API Key for Autoscan in Jellyfin within the QuickBox environment. If you are unsure about what Autoscan is, or if you are not sure it fits your needs, please refer to the Autoscan Quick Reference article for links and more about what Autoscan aims to achieve.
To make the Autoscan build process easier it is advised to first have Jellyfin installed. QuickBox will recognize the API Key created in Jellyfin for Autoscan as described in this article and will automatically make the necessary edits to the Autoscan config.
Creating the API Key
- Launch Jellyfin from your Dashboard by clicking on the link icon or via the App Menu on your main navigation.
- Once in Jellyfin, navigate to the Jellyfin Dashboard by clicking the hamburger icon in the top left corner and click on Admin > Dashboard.
- In the left Navigation menu, scroll down to Advanced and click on Api Keys.
- Now click on the + button next to API Keys.
- In the popup that appears, give your API Key an App name. You’ll want to name it Autoscan so the build provided by QuickBox can recognize this key and add it to your config automatically.
- Hit Ok to save the Api Key you have created. The key is now listed and you’re done!