About this article
This article covers setting up an API Key for Autoscan in Emby within the QuickBox environment. If you are unsure about what Autoscan is, or if you are not sure it fits your needs, please refer to the Autoscan Quick Reference article for links and more about what Autoscan aims to achieve.
To make the Autoscan build process easier it is advised to first have Emby installed. QuickBox will recognize the API Key created in Emby for Autoscan as described in this article and will automatically make the necessary edits to the Autoscan config.
Creating the API Key
- Launch Emby from your Dashboard by clicking on the link icon or via the App Menu on your main navigation.
- Once in Emby, navigate to the Emby Dashboard by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner.
- In the left Navigation menu, scroll down to Advanced and click on Api Keys.
- Now click on the + New Api Key button.
- In the popup that appears, give your API Key an App name. You’ll want to name it Autoscan so the build provided by QuickBox can recognize this key and add it to your config automatically.
- Hit Ok to save the Api Key you have created. The key is now listed and you’re done!